7 reasons to visit the University Health Center this semester | Announce
Welcome to campus, Huskers!
As you prepare for the next school year, be sure to make your well-being a priority. The University health center can help. Check out these seven reasons to visit.
- Getting medical attention for illness or injury – Almost everyone will get sick at some point during their college experience. When that happens, we’re here to help, whether it’s a cold, flu, COVID-19, strep throat, mono, disease, stomach or something.
- Get vaccinated against COVID-19 – If you still need to be vaccinated, the pharmacy at the University Health Center offers Johnson & Johnson vaccines without an appointment – without an appointment! Learn more.
- Consult a health care provider about a current problem or illness – Certain medical conditions require regular examination with a health care provider, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and digestive issues. If you have or develop these concerns while in school, our healthcare providers can meet with you regularly to help you manage them.
- Plan a wellness visit – Going to the doctor is not only for the sick or injured. It is also for healthy people. It is recommended that students obtain an annual physical health and wellness profile, which we both provide at the health center. Our staff also provide pelvic exams, smears, testicular exams, contraceptive prescriptions, IUD insertions, and other reproductive wellness services to students of all genders.
- Get Medication – If you take or are prescribed a prescription, save time and hassle by filling it on the campus of the health center pharmacy. We also have hundreds of over the counter products at an affordable price. We stock everything from pain relievers and allergy medications to vitamins and emergency contraception.
- Get your teeth cleaned – Do not wait for the break to take care of your teeth. Our dental clinic offers semi-annual dental check-ups and cleanings all year round. If follow-up work is required, we provide many of these services on-site, including fillings, crowns, bridges, cosmetic dentistry and more.
- See a specialist – We also offer optometry, dermatology, orthopedics, medication management for mental health, transgender health and nutritional counseling services.
If you need healthcare, we’re here to help. Call 402.472.5000 to make an appointment or visit our website to find out more about services, times and location.
More details on: https://health.unl.edu